PDA

View Full Version : Turn indicator.

Geoff69a1
01-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Could someone please tell me how to get at and replace the bulb in my front right indicator bulb.I'm sure it's pretty simple,but only when you know what you are doing.Would be much appreciated.

albertj
01-24-2017, 09:14 PM
Could someone please tell me how to get at and replace the bulb in my front right indicator bulb.I'm sure it's pretty simple,but only when you know what you are doing.Would be much appreciated.
Remove the front bumper "skin" then the screws holding the composite lights in. Skin comes off by loosening clips at the edge of the bumper skin (at the wheel wells) then removing bolts (they are behind little covers on the front bumper). Watch out for the headlight washer/wiper apparatus and connections.

A little clumsy, not difficult.

albertj
01-24-2017, 09:41 PM
Remove the front bumper "skin" then the screws holding the composite lights in. Skin comes off by loosening clips at the edge of the bumper skin (at the wheel wells) then removing bolts (they are behind little covers on the front bumper) and plastic pins across the top by the radiator support. Watch out for the headlight washer/wiper apparatus and connections.

A little clumsy, not difficult.

You will need Phillips and Torx(R) driver bits and a 10mm hex head bit, helps much if the hex bit has a magnet inside to attract and hold the bumper skin bolts.

Here are good descriptions:

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?14832-Gummed-up-Windshield-Washer-Pumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfmfISVFWFg (video is for an 850 but gives you a general idea of what to do -- the XC70 is easier actually although similarly attached).

Astro14
01-24-2017, 11:18 PM
I've replaced that bulb with the bumper left intact. There are directions in your owner's manual. Good light, patience, and small hands help...

billr99
01-25-2017, 05:16 AM
I've replaced that bulb with the bumper left intact. There are directions in your owner's manual. Good light, patience, and small hands help...

All of that and removing the windshield washer tank filler neck helps as well.

Cheers,

Bill

Geoff69a1
01-25-2017, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info Guys,I'll go out later and get a bulb and scrape off the ice and tackle it.

geoff69