PDA

View Full Version : 2011 VOlvo XC70 exhaust problems and other

Vicente
11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone,

I new to the forum and new to volvo cars so would appreciate your help in this things.

First of all the check engine light went on indicating code error P0193 a couple of months ago, As nothing seemed wrong with the car I continued driving it as normal, if I dsiconected the battery it turned off, and than after days, weeks or month it turned on again, never having the feeling of something going wrong. As the light frequently turned on, i decided to take it to Volvo service, they took one of my eyes and changed the LAMBDA SOND, they said this would work but if not they would have to change the whole catalyst system...well to make the long story short the light went on again today and havent driven more than 300km since I took the car out of service... any posible soluction?

The other problem might be simpler, the other day as I introduced the key ignition switch I heard a craaaack sound to which I gave no importance until I tried to take the key out and it was stuck, after a long fight i finally took the key out but of course the system did not work again...you cannot push the key you have to pull it with some efords... can this problem be solved easely or I have to buy the ignition switch spare.

spare parts are not so common in chile unless you buy it form the official dealer which is by far the most expensive place of all.

Thanks for your help

hoonk
11-28-2016, 02:54 PM
P0193 is a fuel pressure code, Nothing to do with the oxygen sensor or the catalytic converter. There must be a problem in translation or the shop you are using is replacing oxygen sensors ($$$), for fuel pressure sensor ($) problems.

The ignition dock may be broken and on most newer Volvos requires a software download to make the new one work. So unfortunately a Dealer may be your only option unless you can find an independent mechanic with an account with Volvo and a dice tool.

Vicente
12-01-2016, 02:17 PM
P0193 is a fuel pressure code, Nothing to do with the oxygen sensor or the catalytic converter. There must be a problem in translation or the shop you are using is replacing oxygen sensors ($$$), for fuel pressure sensor ($) problems.

The ignition dock may be broken and on most newer Volvos requires a software download to make the new one work. So unfortunately a Dealer may be your only option unless you can find an independent mechanic with an account with Volvo and a dice tool.

If i scan the motor how can I see if the fuel pressure sensor is malfunctioning, in what range shoul the sensor be working normally? Is it normal for the car to do 7 km/l?

Thanks for your answer