PDA

View Full Version : slip control on grassy hill with Crossclimate tires from Italy - disappointed

ivan masotti
10-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Hello, I'm Italian and I own a few months ago a Volvo XC70 awd d5.

A few days ago I ran a complete service, since I bought the car used and without a booklet coupons.
On this occasion I replaced the tires with 4 crossclimate, which I must say are very well on wet and dry, are very quiet.

I run a tensile test trying to climb a grassy hill sideways.

This is the link of the video that I shot ...with my xc70..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBS1jbBbhk

My problem is to understand why the opposite tire slip and does not intervene electronics to lock the wheels go round in circles.

It is normal or electronic systems should act as a self-locking?

in Italian forum I have not found suitable answers.

Thanks from Ivan

cattlecar
10-25-2016, 06:12 AM
I had an XC70 of similar year but it was 3.2 gasoline 6 cylinder engine. I traversed similar spots with it and the ABS based traction system hardly allowed any wheel spin.

You don't mention any warning messages or lights being on.
The system is not fully functional until the self-test has completed. Had you gone over 24 kph before you tried the grassy hill test?

ivan masotti
10-25-2016, 11:48 AM
I had an XC70 of similar year but it was 3.2 gasoline 6 cylinder engine. I traversed similar spots with it and the ABS based traction system hardly allowed any wheel spin.

You don't mention any warning messages or lights being on.
The system is not fully functional until the self-test has completed. Had you gone over 24 kph before you tried the grassy hill test?

Yes, the car was used normally for a few kilometers until you get to the place you see in the video.

I ran the tests with both the traction control on, off and on.

I did not understand what kind of self-test should do the car?
Explain in detail this thing please.

I run the coupon last week and there are no errors or warnings on its display.

Do you think that the electronics should intervene to stop the spinning wheel?