PDA

View Full Version : HU 613 Driver's side door signals working but very weak.

Gene-M
10-09-2016, 11:24 AM
First thing I did was to swap in a working speaker. Still got the same low volume out of it. Tested my original speaker with my home stereo and it was working after all.

I don't have an external amp under the seat or anything, so I wondering if this was repairable, or if the problem sounds familiar to anyone else? On another note, I inquired of the service manager at a nearby dealer about replacing it with a used one, and he told me it has to be mated to the system according to my VIN. On the other hand a popular seller of Volvo used parts told me that's nonsense- that they do it all the time But to confuse matters even further "Howard's Volvo Maintenance" page also makes mention of the coding thing.

So if anyone has any answers, I would appreciate their input. I don't want to spend money on a used one only to find out it doesn't work, and the Volvo dealer's ball park estimates of a repair or replacement are ridiculous.

Astro14
10-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I swapped in an HU-613 in the T5. Same year unit. No programming required. Works fine.

Gene-M
10-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Cool, that's helpful to know. Thanks for the reply.:)