PDA

View Full Version : 3RD Times a Charm?

JBMorris
08-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Flagrant ineptitude award to the service department regarding my recent experience for an oil leak - 2000 XC70 with high mileage.

Work performed per 'technician' recommendation- along with other discovered problems.

Paid the bill - got in the vehicle only to find 3 dashboard warning lights: Check Engine, ABS, & Traction Control.

Back in to confer with the Service Manager who personally delivered the vehicle and was informed that this 'problem' had been discussed previously.

My response was - yes- it had been discussed but not resolved, as these problems were not present when delivered before the fore mentioned oil leak.

In disbelief at what had just transpired I stated that this was an unethical resolution and asked to see the Volvo Vadis diagnostic readout to determine the exact nature of the ABS problem.

This was provided , as requested and stated the right side wheel sensor was at fault- however- the Manager stated a history of 'false positive' interpretation due to inherent problems with the ABS Module.

As 'had explained previously that my 'Factory' module had already been serviced, this should not be relevant.

Somewhat of a Mexican Standoff- I stated to purchase the wheel sensor and install it personally.

During this back and forth while still dealer bound , I had engaged my own 'Code Reader' to the vehicle port to review fault codes and was reluctant to drive the vehicle .

'Offer was made to install a new wheel sensor free of charge - but it would have to be ordered- therefore I should drive along with the 3 warning's - which I did- but not for long, and back to the facility.

Stating my reluctance, the vehicle was shuttled back into the service when all of a sudden, the 'Technician' confronted me with a personal apology for the ABS problem, and that all now was fine with no dashboard warning lights.

'Am assuming this was done without Managers knowledge- He simply stated "must have been annoying".

Yes it was - however the oil leak was still present after the 'fix' so another visit yielded a new oil pan drain plug.

Still dripping oil so the 3rd & latest visit found a seal that 'backed out' according to the tech rep.

Examining the Invoices reveals an item previously installed being replaced and also a NEW sealing ring 9440651 not found at the first repair.

This writer is only trying to recover transportation for gainful employment & needs this vehicle to that end, no animosity nor Ill Will intended- only frustration at this encounter.