PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard issues

rpitcher
08-17-2016, 01:04 PM
My 2007 XC70 has recently started showing unusual temperatures on the dash. Once it was in the nineties outside and the dash was reading -34. It kept showing colder. At the same time the A/C was blowing hot air and we could not shut it off. Then the temp started reading correct and the air kicked on. This has happened several times. Sometimes we can shut the car off and restart and it is OK. Also the radio display, at different times has multiple things displayed then it will clear and show correct.

Willy
08-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Perhaps the outside temperature sensor is failing, it seems to influence the AC system.
Willy

Astro14
08-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Anytime you start getting weird electrical issues, start with the battery itself.

How old is yours?

hoonk
08-18-2016, 07:12 AM
the dash was reading -34. At the same time the A/C was blowing hot air

The climate control module turns off the compressor in below freezing temps. Sounds like a bad sensor or bad connection to the outside air temp sensor. It is the little bump that is snapped into the base of the outside mirror. I think there is only one sensor on a 2007 - the earlier cars (01-06) have one on each mirror, with only one being used for the outside air temp. You should be able to read the value in VIDA to verify the sensor is the problem

Willy
08-18-2016, 11:48 AM
I assume that the wiring from the door to the front is a weak point, so perhaps opening
and closing the door or manipulating the wiring at the door while reading the temperature,
from the dashboard or via Vida, could reveal a bad connection should it be there.
Willy