PDA

View Full Version : Prop shaft and angle gear shopping list

tonycosta1984
07-27-2016, 11:25 AM
I bought my 2003 xc70 used and it was missing the angle gear and prop shaft, so i just bought both of them with the intention of putting everything back together and fixing the awd. my question is what other parts should i buy for this job. New sleeve? seals? hardware? hangers? etc... Thanks

hoonk
07-27-2016, 02:37 PM
what other parts should i buy for this job

There could be a problem with the DEM - and repairs on haldex units can be up to $1500 - You might want to see if there is a way to test yours before you spend a bunch on an angle gear and driveshaft =-

kutcht1
07-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Exactly, there is a reason the person who removed what they removed and did not just repair the AWD system. You may be in for more than it is worth since you could buy one with a working AWD for less than you are going to put into yours. Do some checking or find one in the U-pull and give it a go on the cheap.
TomK

tonycosta1984
07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
well I already purchased the angle gear and prop shaft. I'm hoping the other parts are okay. Anybody have any advice on how to check the functionality of the other parts?

hoonk
07-28-2016, 03:24 PM
start with a scan using vida - for any dem codes - before you install any parts

JRL
07-30-2016, 08:00 AM
Collar gear/sleeve and the bushing/install kit
If it's missing you don't have one and that is what connects the two together!!!

well I already purchased the angle gear and prop shaft. I'm hoping the other parts are okay. Anybody have any advice on how to check the functionality of the other parts?

and do scan the car with VIDA before spending more money, you can always sell what you bought if there is too much wrong
VIDA will store ALL the (bad) electronic codes: The AOC the DEM and the PRESSURE SENSOR.

tonycosta1984
08-06-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm waiting to get the car scanned from a local guy with vida. Where can I find the install/bushing kit you mentioned? I can't find it online maybe I'm not searching for the right thing.