PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the fleet.

AlanS
05-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Friend sold me his 2002 XC70 to give to my son- Great shape. He's a fanatic, so it's got complete maintenance records. Two issues thus far:
1. Rear wiper will not return to 'home'...sits in the center of the window. He told me about this, said that he never got around to it, but did not know the 'fix'.
2. My 2006 Ocean Race does NOT have the pick-up and punch that this car has. Very disappointed in MY car. Wonder if this is 'just the way it is', or if there is an issue. My car was just at the dealer, I brought it in for other stuff, but they found no issues. Hmmmm.

howardc64
05-30-2016, 01:36 PM
2. My 2006 Ocean Race does NOT have the pick-up and punch that this car has. Very disappointed in MY car. Wonder if this is 'just the way it is', or if there is an issue. My car was just at the dealer, I brought it in for other stuff, but they found no issues. Hmmmm.

A friend's 02 V70XC also had more punch than my previously owned 01. We changed the plugs and he got same performance as my 01. Turns out he did the old school trick of gapping the plugs a little wider for a bigger spark on the prior plugs. New plug was gapped to spec and we lost a little punch. You might try that if looking for more punch.

The other thing to check is to replace the top 2 hoses on your TCV with 5mm ID silicon hose. Old rubber hose flexes more and increases latency to tap the turbo.