PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Versus 2007

The Machinist
03-15-2016, 06:07 AM
Hello All,

I am on the hunt for another super awesome xc. I have a 98 and 07. So, I have been hunting for another 2007 XC white / tan. I want to get the same year so all my parts / tools / knowledge, applies to both vehicles. So, how different is the 06 from the 07? And the big issue, the trans. Do the 06 and 07 have the same "rather solid" trans?

Anyway, some feedback on the systems that are different or the same, etc would be a big help. I would like to open my search to 2006, gives me more options of course. :)

Thanks

Forkster
03-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Little difference on the 06/07 - it was also the last production year for the P2 wagon. Electrically and mechanically other than a few cosmetic differences, they are exactly the same. I think the 07 also had the turn signals built into the mirrors (not sure about 06). Otherwise, it's a solid Volvo.

JRL
03-15-2016, 01:34 PM
DSTC standard throughout the line
Mirror turn signals
Angle gear that does not leak!
Little fake aluminum bits on the interior trim

I can't think of any others right now
Boy is your timing off. I just sold my 07 white/oak about 6 weeks ago and it was a CA car (CLEAN underside) and PERFECT.
My other 07 (the same) I sold about three years ago.
In between I sold my white/off black 06 with very low miles

All were very loaded XC's

The Machinist
03-17-2016, 05:57 AM
Boy is your timing off. I just sold my 07 white/oak about 6 weeks ago and it was a CA car (CLEAN underside) and PERFECT.

yea...that always happens.

Angle gear that does not leak!

Sorry, but are you saying the 07 does not leak and 06 does?