PDA

View Full Version : Code P0170 Fuel Bank Trim 1

backinblackXC
03-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Anyone have experience with an XC70 throwing this code?

2006 XC70 with 123K, recent MAF sensor and PCV service done. Now has a slightly rough idle and the P0170. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Thx

Forkster
03-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Usual suspects...

Air leakage to induction system
Dirty throttle body
Blocked crankcase ventilation or PCV nipple
Faulty MAF

How long ago was the PCV and MAF done? Did a pipe not get reconnected properly? If you know how to do a smoke test, could highlight the leak (if it's an induction leak).

backinblackXC
03-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Did the MAF and PCV service last weekend. The P0170 code was there before I did the work. Pretty sure the code shows up when its cooler and as things warm up and swell....it goes away. I'll check for any loose connections and suggested trouble spots below.

backinblackXC
06-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Update: Did a complete throttle body cleaning with new gasket (removal per Howard's site) and that was definitely the issue. Codes cleared and no idle issues. All in all a relatively easy job. I did end up removing the cooling fan for a little more clearance. While I had the front opened up I did the front motor mount (did the others too). I wish I would have taken photos of the throttle body - Man was it way overdue for a cleaning. Its no wonder it was sticking every once in a while.