PDA

View Full Version : trans problem..need help plz

dpmeeks
03-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I have an 02 xc with 226k miles. It had the typical shift flare issues. I changed the fluid several times to get it clean and installed a reman valve body and it was shifting great for the past few weeks. We drove it around most of the day with no problems and then that night my wife had it at work, drove it about a mile, it shifted and drove fine, parked it for about 4hrs and came out started it and put it in gear and it wont move in any gear. The linkage is hooked up and working, I can put it in neutral and it will roll, and in park it stays parked. I can rev the engine about 3500k rpm and it will move forward and backward slightly. Its just hard for me to believe it would fail basically turned off and sitting still.

Is there anything you guys can think of that would cause this sudden failure ? The fluid level is clean and good. thank for any help !!

JRL
03-06-2016, 09:47 AM
225K miles on a 2002 will cause total failure
You were about 125K miles too late with the reman VB
Time for a used tranny or part it out as it's not worth very much

AKAMick
03-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Check for codes with a VIDA, possibly an issue with the VB, faulty shift solenoid or a solenoid has become disconnected, for it to happen after sitting, is unusual, especially after it worked so well prior too. It seems to be in neutral so it is not energizing the appropriate solenoids, not allowing the fluid to pressurize the clutch packs for engagement, as normally clutches out wear progressively, rather than suddenly, check the work done.

Astro14
03-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Or the clutches are fried...and you just now got to the critical point...I don't mean to be doom & gloom, but at those miles...if it moves slightly, then it's not a linkage disconnecting or an electric fault...it's clutches that no longer engage...

AKAMick
03-16-2016, 08:36 PM
If you lose the SLT solenoid you will get what you describe is happening, did a transmission service warning show on the display, if it did you will have a dtc that refers to the particular solenoid