PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge.....

pittsjock
03-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Lost my fuel gauge today on #2. 137,000 miles. Has been throwing a 0442, small evaporative emissions leak that comes back when the tank gets low. I have not had a chance to truly evaluate.

Today, the gauge stuck at 7/8 and the miles till empty stayed at 400. On my way back, the gauge fell to zero and the miles till empty went to - - - . I am guessing a bad sender based on a quick search of the forum. I am not having any other instrument panel issues.

I may have a bad ECM, though, because my indy and I could not get into the main computer with his non-Vida/Dice unit that he promises usually works. My Vida/Dice is still enroute from China, but should be here in a week or so. Not sure that this would be related, but I put it out there as an additional fact. The drivers side climate is wonky, the heated seats won't heat, but everything else works as advertised.

If it is the sender, what is involved in repair?

Insights appreciated.

Thanks, Patrick

Astro14
03-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Whenever multiple electrical issues show up, my first thought is battery and/or alternator. Check those first.

pittsjock
03-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Thanks Astro14.

The fuel gauge came back online this morning. Baffling a bit, but I am going to check the battery and alternator today.

Stay tuned.