PDA

View Full Version : Stability control indicator light?

AKAMick
02-23-2016, 03:20 PM
My 04 was showing the ABS light and acting peculiar, with odd braking and acceleration modes, so I plugged in the VIDA DICE unit to see what was up. The DTC was the left front sensor was faulty, I removed the wheel to check it out, it looked undamaged, and removed it from the hub to see if debris or some other damage was the cause. Finding nothing, I cleaned it up along with its contacts in the connector, which where clean. refitted the wheel, cleared the DTC which promptly came back, road test with no change. ordered a replacement, which I fitted a few days later, plugged in the VIDA DICE unit and it was green on that left front sensor, with no other DTC's, road test to extinguish the ABS light, which it did after reaching 15mph. Good to go, or so I thought. A week later I was informed that the Stability Control Indicator Light that was flashing intermittently had now become permanently on. Unfortunately the car is out of town and I cannot check for DTC's. Has anyone faced this situation as now I have to retrieve the car and leave my 02 for them to use. Hoping for a heads up on what I might be dealing with prior to going to get it. Thanks.

hoonk
02-24-2016, 06:51 AM
Hoping for a heads up on what I might be dealing with

The most common thing I have replaced to solve abs codes has been the abs control unit. Have also replaced many bad steering angle sensors (the contact reel behind the steering wheel) on DSTC cars.

I did find a very loose axle nut causing a wheel sensor code once, and have heard of loose tone rings so you might check the basics if a code for the LF sensor has returned.