PDA

View Full Version : When trying to do and Advanced Search - I get this Code.

Sierra
02-14-2016, 03:10 PM
Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 0

Is this normal ? Or do I have to have a specific # of post first to use this function ?

Reason why I am asking - Just wanted to do a quick search on the Power Steering Fluid. New for us and youngest son's first car is an immaculate '01 v70XC.

Just checked the power steering fluid and compared to the records - they just added - never flushed or replaced. So I replaced it today with some new stuff - lite green in color after i sucked out the old stuff with a turkey baster. The difference between both oils in color are night and day .. Looking to service/flush the Transmission next.

Also - Is there a way to battery jump the car (If ever needed) from the engine bay ? -- Or is that @ the trunk only ??

Thanks again,
Dan

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p583/Sierraexplorercell/F0DC91EA-96CA-471D-852A-A96B29F27D62_zpsxf5e5pip.jpg

volvospeed70
02-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 0

Is this normal ? Or do I have to have a specific # of post first to use this function ?

Reason why I am asking - Just wanted to do a quick search on the Power Steering Fluid. New for us and youngest son's first car is an immaculate '01 v70XC.

Just checked the power steering fluid and compared to the records - they just added - never flushed or replaced. So I replaced it today with some new stuff - lite green in color after i sucked out the old stuff with a turkey baster. The difference between both oils in color are night and day .. Looking to service/flush the Transmission next.

Also - Is there a way to battery jump the car (If ever needed) from the engine bay ? -- Or is that @ the trunk only ??

Thanks again,
Dan

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p583/Sierraexplorercell/F0DC91EA-96CA-471D-852A-A96B29F27D62_zpsxf5e5pip.jpg

There is currently an issue with the search function for the forums that's being addressed.

The power steering fluid looks like it was way beyond it's life, so flushing it was a good idea.

As for the jumping the battery, there is a flap right next to the fuse box under the hood that you can lift up to expose the positive battery cable spot and the negative cable spot is either fender ground location ( you will see 3 to 4 ground wires attached to a certain spot along the fender or the location on the engine mount.

I had to use those last time as the battery died with no way to unlock the hatch to get to the battery without snaking the cables through the door some how.

Sierra
02-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Thank you,

Forgot to update - I am on my 2and turkey baster suck and refill for replacement. 1.5 quarts removed - and 1.5 more to go in removal/replacement ... Possibly more.

Also replaced the top cap/dipstick as the gasket was shot and leaking out the top. After using de-greaser externally everywhere on the reservoir and hoses after initial clean-up ... No more leaking.

billr99
02-25-2016, 08:30 AM

I believe you will get this error message if you are not logged in. I know that's the way it works for me.

Cheers,

Bill