PDA

View Full Version : Cool engine start problem

gwilliams
08-14-2002, 07:51 PM
I recently replaced my timing belt, plugs, wires and air filter on my 98 XC at 80,000 miles. Since then I have had a cold start problem once the engine cools down from running. It eventually starts but takes considerable cranking before it will start.
I have had it at the Volvo garage for the last week, but it did not improve at all. I am scheduled to take it back next week. They assure me that the belt is on correctly and have checked the car with gauges while trying to start it in the morning.
Has anyone experienced this problem and can you share the solution? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George

08-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Haven't had to replace my timing belt yet (60,000 miles).  I hope don't have similar problem when it come time.  Best of luck finding a solution!

Hiro's XC
09-11-2002, 05:02 AM
It sounds like the timing is off a little bit. Have it checked. They may have put the belt a notch or two off.

jason

P Hartmann
11-06-2002, 08:04 PM
may need to upgrade the ECM to solve this problem: I recently had my software upgraded when I mentioned a bit of starting trouble in the cold.