PDA

View Full Version : Door lock linkage fitting, where can I get them? (pics)

mistermiek
12-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Long story short, I was locked out of my 2001 V70XC, a police officer tried opening it with a slim jim for me and broke both my door handle linkage and my lock tumbler linkage off.

The car is open and the door panel is off, and I'm trying to fix them. There are two threaded rods and each of them attaches SOMEHOW to a little metal clip, but whatever part held them together seems to have disintegrated and/or fallen out the bottom of the door. Talking to the guy at the dealer parts counter wasn't much help, although I didn't have pics at the time.

The diagram that the dealer showed me of what "my door" looks like is here:

Here are pictures of the rods and the things they need to connect to. The part I need that's missing is not pictured. ;) Anyone know how to source the missing fittings?

mistermiek
12-13-2015, 09:28 PM
This isn't one of those "you should have read the FAQ" kind of questions is it?

Maybe parts 14 and 16* be those arms, and would they include the missing connectors if I bought them through a dealer?

billr99
12-14-2015, 05:39 AM
Might give these guys a try (http://atleuro.com). I've gotten a few things for my XCs and they are good quality and great prices. Probably have to buy more than you need to get the bits you require but...

Cheers,

Bill

mistermiek
12-14-2015, 08:44 AM
WAIT A SECOND... I think those things metal clips might attach directly to the rods... If I turn them sideways...

ssicarman
12-14-2015, 09:04 PM
I have not been that far into one of these doors but I am thinking that the rods do just lock into the blue clips. The one looks bent up though. You should be able to straighten it though.

mistermiek
12-15-2015, 11:02 AM
They do in fact clip right in. I bent the upper one back into shape with some needle nose pliars and everythings attached and working now. $0 spent.