PDA

View Full Version : Remote Car Starter Christmas Present

enggass
12-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Hey there,
My wife really wants a remote car starter for Christmas. She has a 2006 XC70. Can anyone recommend a Remote Starter System? I am looking for middle of the road price. Not the best, definitely not the cheapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Antherzoll
12-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Not a clue. It can be quite difficult to source an aftermarket one due to the immobilizer and will only work properly if the microchip for the key is always near the antenna ring, or so I've heard.

AKAMick
12-03-2015, 08:25 PM
I purchased a Bulldog unit that supposedly is compatible, but it requires a key with a chip to be inside the module in order for the system to work, thereby ensuring the immobilizer is always seeing a key. The wiring diagram is then downloaded from the Bulldog website, I have not installed it yet as it appears complicated enough to require a weekend to do it and I have not had the time. I would suggest visiting there website for the download to see the installation before the purchase just to get an idea what is involved in the install.

lexefx
12-11-2015, 09:53 AM
JMO from working in the industry, the installation quality is almost more important than the components chosen.