PDA

View Full Version : What's my car may worth for a quick sale?

pelagikos
10-20-2015, 05:43 PM
It is far from being impeccably maintained, but it has been well enough maintained to never leave me stranded over the course of the 13-years long ownership while being my daily driver up until late August this year. I am the original owner.

I always thought the car will fall apart on me, but instead fate struck me, and, for health reasons, I have no prospects of driving in foreseeable future, if ever.

The car is 2003 with 192+ kmiles on the clock.

Shop says to pass state inspection it needs control arms' bushings, drive shafts, possibly other things, to be discovered with proper inspection.

I do not want to invest the money and sell the car as inspected, and rather get rid of it at a discount.

Thoughts?

Thanks as always.

JRL
10-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Seriously, not a heck of a lot.
If you can, just park it. You never know, you may get better! [thumbup]

pelagikos
10-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Thanks, JRL.

3 years ago I moved from a place with a nice dry multi-level garage to a house near woods edge with a carport. Things rust quickly.

So, if I park it, by the time spring comes, it'll turn into a pile of rust, covered with leaves and bird poop.

Anyhow, it's not really about how much I can get for the car, I just want to get rid of it, and not be reminded of my former plans to keep this car.

And, if I do get better at some point, I'll treat myself to something new(er).

Carmax is offering $1,000 bucks. I am inclined to take the offer.

JRL
10-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Take it

pelagikos
10-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Done and gone. For me, the end of an era. :(

Thanks again to everyone participating in this forum, it's been a wonderful resource.

=================
CLAIMED!

I have handful of parts left, the interesting ones, I suspect, are the two exhaust hangers. See photo.
Others are 2 bellows for front struts and 4 caliper drain caps.

I will ship to a US address by priority mail to whoever PMs me first. $10 is all I want, to cover the shipping.

=================
CLAIMED!