PDA

View Full Version : Installed what probably is my last subwoofer

JRL
09-07-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm old and don't listen to music all that much these days, heck I'm not driving much either.
But... a sub was available WITH a harness so I figured what the heck, why not!
Why not turned out to be almost as hard an install as making up a harness of which I have done two.

The seller, in his rush, decided to CUT the one wire that goes to the REM.:mad::mad::confused: Little did he know that that ultra small connector pin is unobtainable and is smaller that everything that was in Volvo's electrical etc parts bin, (they let me rummage through), and smaller than all the other pins.
Why Volvo can't just make them all the same is beyond me.

Anyhow after days of searching with no joy, we decided to see what was on my junker 850R that was still here (thank God)!
Pulled the ECU and one of the connector on the bottom worked!!!

The 650 in this particular XC seems to be an exceptionally good sounding one with plenty of bass when set flat (why I don't know, perhaps it has aftermarket speakers) but the sub still makes it that much nicer and now I can fine tune it better and that damn junker R that's been here for 6 months is now gone to the J/Y.

Antherzoll
09-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Thumbs up for improvising, misfit electronics always come in handy. A sub is also in my to do list, when I can find one.