PDA

View Full Version : GROM radio USB3 unit review?

sanfelice
08-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Just curious if anyone has used this unit yet or installed one.

I'm seriously considering this for my wife's XC, as I hope to utilize the bluetooth function for the phone/radio connection, as well as add a memory stick for tunes.

Crosscurrent
08-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I installed a GROM bluetooth/USB unit in my vehicle a few years ago. Still working, it has some glitches and noise at times but functions well for the most part.

rottencommie
08-15-2015, 09:30 AM
I installed one a few months ago on my '04. It took me a while to figure out how to route the wiring and cleanly pack the unit behind the trim. I remember having issues getting it to pair or to show up on my phone. I can't remember exactly what the problem was or how I fixed it, but I do remember re-reading the instructions carefully and having success after that.

Sound quality over bluetooth seems fine to me, though I'm not an audiophile. In fact I rarely use it for music unless I'm going to be driving more than 30 minutes. I've used it quite a bit for talking on the phone over bluetooth and haven't had any sound complaints on the other end. The only thing I don't like about it is when I'm using it while following GPS directions on my phone; The first second or so of an instruction will get cut off, so instead of hearing 'turn right onto Liberty Street', I'll hear 'onto Liberty Street'. I don't know if it's an issue with the Grom or my phone, but it's not a big deal to me as all I need to do is glance at the screen and see which way the arrow's pointing.