PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Door Window Guide Weatherstripping gasket preventing window from closing prop

none77
07-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Hello,

I replaced the Drivers Window Regulator in my Wife 2004 XC70 this weekend. The Gasket at top of door is folded over, and is preventing the window from sealing properly. To make matters worse, this caused window to close unevenly, and broke one of the blue clips.

I am not sure of the official name of this gasket/weather strip/ trim? It is physically inside of the top of the door track, and it should guide the window closed. I'm thinking it might be possible to repair using a heat gun, or other method. I considered buying a replacement, but not sure of proper part name.

The window in her car was broken at Building Supply, when a someone loading a metal concrete breaker let it slip and it bounced off her window leaving a giant crack. The window was replaced by insurance. It was the middle of winter, and when weather warmed up I discovered there was a problem with Regulator. It could have been worn out, or damaged when window was damaged. I replaced it with Salvage Yard Regulator, but it started having problems. I purchased after market regulator this weekend, and swapped it. This was when I discovered the folded over corner on weather stripping.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in Advance.

Lou

howardc64
07-26-2015, 10:00 AM
VIDA calls it guide moulding. See the attached diagram + PN. Google PN 30779288 shows its also called a "Run Channel". About $60-$80 online depending on source. Not bad price :)