PDA

View Full Version : Abs module removal

JohnBuckles
06-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Hi, just removed abs module from my 2006 model xc70. Expected her to complain a. It but getting ,unsurprisingly, brake failure stop message but also 4c is off, 9999miles to empty tank and trip computer is out.....abs module will be repaired (hopefully) are messages normal? Do you think car ok to drive? Brakes feel fine! Thanks, John

Scopeman
06-28-2015, 09:49 AM
I would be concerned with liability. If you were in any accident, and this was found out, I think you would be in trouble, having modified a critical safety system.

02V70XC
06-28-2015, 10:55 AM
if the module wasnt working to begin with would it matter if it was on or off? well i drove mine without it for a week while i had it shipped and repaired. i covered the area with a plastic bag so it wouldnt get wet.

JohnBuckles
06-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Scopeman, I think your advice is sage, we live in a world where buying car with a tow bar will invalidate your insurance as it's seen as a modification, as is changing lights from halogen to xenon without declaring. Taking off the brake control module would no doubt be seen in the same light.....so we've parked the old girl up until the module is repaired.......

JohnBuckles
07-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Needed to use teh car urgently before module had been collected. Cleaned all pins and female socket with contact cleaner (including the two that stand proud). Made sure that everything tight when re-assembled....no abs on start up and none for 3 days.....probably luck! Re-set all modules by disconnecting battery etc........Suggest worth a first crack is abs light showing as intermittent fault.