PDA

View Full Version : Hello...I really need some help

AGriffiths
06-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Hi,

i have a 2003 XC90 and it has the ABS issue related to a cracked ring, so I thought while its in the air, I'd do a few other jobs too.

I've cleaned up the the front and rear calipers, fitted the refurb kits to them and painted them...all good. Replaced the CV joints on the front, and got two new steering knuckles and cleaned them up.

My problem is I can't seem to compress the shocks to get them into place. I've tried with the (new) ball joints fitted first, can't get the bolts in on the shock/knuckle, tried the shock/knuckle connected first and can't stop the shock / knuckle from coming towards me when pushing it up with either a jack and length if wood or the transmission jack. I've tried to strap it to the chassis with a ratchet strap, but there isn't enough vertical movement available when it's strapped up. So, I have no idea how to do it and I'm stuck with steering knuckles connected to the shocks, but not the wishbones. I've compressed the springs, but can't get the shocks to compress and not twist or push outwards.

HHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

sydro
06-30-2015, 03:23 AM
I just had the front end of an 03 xc70 apart and to get them together, I;
(1) Removed the 2 bolts at the bottom of the struts.
(2) Put rear of "wishbone" (lower control arm) in place. Put bot up through.
(3) Attached 2 bolts to front of control arm.
(4) Brought knuckle up/in and inserted the 2 bolts that hold it to strut.
Hope this helps you.