PDA

View Full Version : CCM-001f code fixed on the cheap, AQS now working again.

cwise73
03-31-2015, 11:49 AM
After almost giving in to paying the $200 plus for the replacement sensor to get rid of this code, I found this website:
http://www.xc90volvo.ru/volvo/datvozd.html

Towards the end of the page, it shows a replacement sensor that has a VW logo on it and the part number 1K0 907 659. The part is an exact replacement, and no modification is needed to get it to work. Oh, and I picked a brand new one up on ebay for under $15! Just do a search on ebay, alibaba or google for "1K0 907 659 passat" and more than a few will come up.
Replacing the sensor took under 30 minutes and minimal amount of tools. Here is what I used:

1. Socket wrench for wiper arm nut (13mm if I remember correctly)
2. Wiper arm puller (Mine were pretty well seized, and the mallet approach did not work)
3. VW 1K0 907 659 sensor
4. Plastic Rivets (1268176-3,also bought off of ebay for under $7)

And this is what I did

1. Make sure that the air intake is in the open position (no lights on the recirculation button of the climate control)
2. Removed the wiper arm on the passenger side (Vida says to remove both, but I found it unnecessary)
3. Remove the plastic rivets on the cowling
4. Lift the passenger side of the cowling up to gain access to the fresh air intake.
5. On the interior front (towards the engine) of the intake is the sensor. Give the connected cable that goes through the intake wall a gentle pull to get more slack.
6. Grab the bottom of the sensor and turn it counter clockwise until it releases from the mount. Press the release on the cable and remove the old sensor.
7. Install the new sensor by placing it in the mount and turning it clockwise until it engages.
8. Attach the sensor cable. Push the excess slack back through the intake wall
9. Install cowling and secure with new plastic rivets.
10. Re-install wiper arms.

The installation was very simple and now my CCM-001f code is gone. This will not work with 2001s and some 2002 because they use a different sensor, so please check before you buy.

monochamus
04-01-2015, 09:56 PM
What makes this sensor?

billr99
04-23-2016, 05:02 AM
cwise:

Fantastic!!! BTW, what year XC do you have?

My many thanks for this.

Cheers,

Bill

nickbw
04-30-2016, 01:41 AM
Great post cwise73 by the way which diagnostic in Vida brings up the IAQS sensor test? Is it just CCM?