PDA

View Full Version : if car has a microphone for handsfree does that mean I have aux input?

Instigator
03-30-2015, 07:14 AM
my 2001 V70 XC has a little microphone by the rear view mirror...

can I assume that somewhere on/in my HU 803 stereo there is an aux in port?

or is it just there from previous setup that previous owner had?

I'll post a photo of the microphone shortly if that helps anyone identify what it is etc...

JRL
03-30-2015, 07:45 AM
No

Instigator
04-01-2015, 02:31 AM

ah, ok thanks JRL....

attached are photos of the microphone... so this just means that previous owner had some sort of handsfree setup but not that i can cheaply use this mic and the HU 803 radio to either setup phone handsfree or even music input into the HU 803?

the 2nd photo shows the face of the HU 803 unit and the little door that i think when configured from volvo is where the phone keypad sits?

I will pull out The Big Hammer sometime today and try and get the paper that is wedged into it to keep it closed out so I can see what is in there now...

-=sigh=-

JRL
04-01-2015, 05:27 AM
The little door is a cupholder (optional) Push it in, it's supposed to pop out
Also was the spot where those phones were.

If it's something else, it's aftermarket

Instigator
04-02-2015, 05:00 AM
thanks JRL,

I'm conflicted about un-wedging the door now...

if it is just a cupholder it is probably broken or annoying somehow which is why the previous owner wedged paper in the door to keep it closed...

it could be a working power outlet or who knows what...

i guess I can just wedge more paper into the door after I open it and am disappointed...

hmm....

JRL
04-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Correct, they break.
Pull out the cardboard and it probably stays out. It's a 3rd OPTIONAL folding (junk) cupholder, nothing else.
You can replace it with an original cubbyhole.
NO power outlet in there