PDA

View Full Version : Bulb failure message

Mtnbike
03-24-2015, 12:09 PM
2005 XC
I am getting a message that reads, "bulb failure, position light" and I don't find any reference in the owners manual as to what build/fuse may be out. And, I can't see a bulb that is out.
Any ideas.

Thanks.

hoonk
03-24-2015, 01:23 PM
The 4 (or two in some cars) rear parking lamps are your "position" lights. Normally a #67 unless one of them includes a rear fog filament.

Forkster
03-26-2015, 09:46 AM
If you did a search, you would see HUNDREDS of posts and replies on this exact same topic. If the bulb is still ok, a solid smack to my XC rear lighting house usually resolves the issue. You can also try taking out the bulb and putting some dielectric grease on the end to ensure a better contact. :D

monochamus
03-26-2015, 01:02 PM
If you did a search, you would see HUNDREDS of posts and replies on this exact same topic. If the bulb is still ok, a solid smack to my XC rear lighting house usually resolves the issue. You can also try taking out the bulb and putting some dielectric grease on the end to ensure a better contact. :D
+1
Like ED, I smack lightly the rear lights and the message turned off, but finally the lamp goes out. I changed the lamp and all returned to normal.