PDA

View Full Version : Last minute change

MatsJoha
02-27-2003, 09:03 AM
I just called my Volvo-shop to make some last minute changes to my cars specification. It was still open for changes (until 2003-03-13).

Changed from Oak fabric + vinyl seats to Sand leather with wooden panels making the car lighter inside and perhaps a bit more exclusive.

Was this the right thing to do?
(Consider I have 2 wild doughters (3 and 5 years old) that brings lots of unwanted material into the back seat of my car...)

barrysharp
02-27-2003, 09:12 AM
An alternative might have been to have the Versitility package installed -- that is, the rear facing back seat so that the crud be restricted to that part of the car. Plus they get 'their area' and can make faces at the cars following you to keep them a safe distance from your rear bumper http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Leather is good IMO and its looks lasts longer than fabric and is less likely to stain and is easier to clean if crud is deposited.

Low Tide
02-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I think it was a good move.  Leather is easier to clean, and the cold effect of leather in the morning will likely lessen the "wild behaviour" for at least.... 3 or 4 minutes.

wiz
02-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Good move, MatsJoha.  I just spilled coffee in the front passenger seat a week ago (a lot of it).  No problem cleaning it up, no stain, no odor.

hordtheviking
02-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Mats, I also concur, my wife and I are planning to have kids and got the leather precisely because it is so much easier to clean, good move.

MatsJoha
02-28-2003, 01:21 AM
How about the Sand/Beige color option? Is it too light? Seen some opinions about windshield reflection. I have an oak interior today and they reflection is there but not a problem for me - will the beige dash reflect more?

Low Tide
02-28-2003, 08:27 AM
It does reflect more.  Did you look at the Brown/Taupe which may be avail as Brown/Oak in sweden?  the Taupe does not relfect quite as much as the beige, plus it hides dirt a little more.  The sand leather is very nice looking, but it is indeed light coloured.

MatsJoha
02-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Despite many others opinion I do not like the brown leather seats. The oak/oak is ok, but similar to my present car...

This time we chose with our hearts and selected what we felt was the most good looking alternative - Sand/Beige.

I am certain I will be pleased with it (almost anyway :-)

kersti
02-28-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm with you, I picked the color because I like the lighter look and seemed to go best with red.  As to the glare mentioned, living in California, I always wear polarized sunglasses if there is any sun, I understand that takes care of the glare problem.

Kersti

d2gxc
02-28-2003, 02:36 PM
MatsJoha,

We have the Sand/Beige interior (with Java exterior) and love it, and I'm sure you will too.

We also live in California. I typically do not wear sunglasses when driving, but have never found the reflection to be a problem. I dare say, if you looked for it, you'd see it, but I think you'll enjoy the driving so much, you'll be looking at other things!

Good Choice!

Art
02-28-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm in agreement with d2gxc. We drove a rented '03 V70 AWD with sand interior for a week in sunny Victoria and never experienced problems with glare at all. Even forgot to bring along my polarized sunglasses. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif