PDA

View Full Version : need help with water leak

nickvolvo40
01-24-2015, 06:17 PM
I purchased a used 2003 xc70 and am having a recurring problem with a water leak i have flushed the sunroof drains with compressed air and edwater.The windshield has been replaced and i installed new rubber trim pieces and the left and right windshield trim pieces, with all new clips and somehow i am still getting water in through the fresh air intake and also sealed the rain guard.I also noticed that my drain coming of the blower only has one drain hose but the parts break down is showing one of the filter housing too so i ordered the hose and tasca and swedish both have the part number listed as 31315056 but that is also the filter housing part number thanks for the help in advance

The Landshark
01-24-2015, 06:58 PM
I purchased a used 2003 xc70 and am having a recurring problem with a water leak i have flushed the sunroof drains with compressed air and edwater.The windshield has been replaced and i installed new rubber trim pieces and the left and right windshield trim pieces, with all new clips and somehow i am still getting water in through the fresh air intake and also sealed the rain guard.I also noticed that my drain coming of the blower only has one drain hose but the parts break down is showing one of the filter housing too so i ordered the hose and tasca and swedish both have the part number listed as 31315056 but that is also the filter housing part number thanks for the help in advance

Are you sure it's not coolant leaking from the heater matrix?

nickvolvo40
01-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Positive its not the heater core only leaks when raining