PDA

View Full Version : Nokian WRG3 SUV

jkochis
11-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Just put on my 3rd set of Nokians. Started with WR SUV, then WRG2 SUV and now the G3 SUVs. I read the reviews and some liked the G2 better but so far these perform fine in Rain and Light Snow/Slush. I feel these drive the best in Wet Snow/Slush out of the previous versions. I will see how they are in Ice and Deeper Snow over this winter. Also the price has remained pretty much the same since I started purchasing these.

I also put a set of Continental CrossContact LX20 EcoPlus on our Pilot. Will see how we like these in winter conditions. So far in Dry/Rain huge improvement over the stock Michelins. I would have put a set of Nokians on but i felt due to the weight of the Pilot they would wear out much faster then i am use to.

cwise73
11-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Hey jkochis,
I am in the NY/NJ area and looking to get a set. Did you order them online, or get them local. Also what size did you go with?

jkochis
12-01-2014, 04:52 AM
I have been using a local tire place since 2002 in my area but STS (http://www.ststire.com/) has good pricing on Nokians and they are all over our area.

ManhattanM
12-05-2014, 08:37 AM
About 2 weeks ago I installed a set of WRG3 SUVs, and I'm a huge fan. The improvement in traction, ride, and handling generally is considerable. That said, I despised the stock Michelin Eco-somethings that were replaced, so perhaps take this endorsement with a grain of salt. I picked up the set at STS for $165/tire, and had them installed locally.

jkochis
12-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Had a chance to try them out in some mud this weekend getting the X-mas tree. Very happy, didn't get stuck... Lot's of folks stuck didn't have any issues at all.

budrichard
12-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Put our second set of Nokian WR's on about two months ago, they were the G3 SUV's.
Took a look at what was currently on the market and the Nokians were still the best I could find.
I had no problems off road with the last set and don;t expect any with this set but a lot of that is due to the AWD system.-Dick