PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed

GarrettGilstad
11-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Hello, I recently had a mechanic friend of mine replace the exhaust seals from manifold to turbo and from turbo to down pipe. Now my volvo has a massive oil leak that caused the "no oil pressure" light to come on within 60 miles of driving. What could possibly be leaking that much oil. It's nearly impossible for me to tell due to the amount of oil on the underside of my vehicle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Antherzoll
11-03-2014, 11:52 AM
The oil feed/return from the turbo. The oil feed pipe is fed from a 19mm banjo bolt on the back of the block to a 17mm banjo bolt on the top of the turbo. The oil return/drain pipe has a flange that mount to the bottom of the turbo with two tork screws and seals with gasket, the other end of the return pipe has a "O" ring the seats into the block just below the turbo. It's most likely leaking from the oil return pipe, but if it's leaking from the supply pipe, your turbo could have been starved of oil along with the rest of your engine, which can severely shorten the life of it. I would get your mechanic to pay for a tow on his expense and correct the issue.

Good Luck.