PDA

View Full Version : 01 xc v70 major electrical issues ecm-530b/trans/ sunroof

rrob311
10-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Hey everyone. I parked my volvo for a couple weeks (The battery never went dead) and when I drove it again there is now a multitude of problems. First off the check engine light now comes on with an ecm530b code which is a control module comm. code. This is causing the trans to default to 4th gear. When this happens instead of saying P in park it just has a i without the dot. I also have no sunroof and a uem-0004 code. I was searching for wiring issues and I decided to try the sunroof again. Lo and behold it started working and the P magically reappeared. Is there anyone here that has seen anything like this? I am running out of ideas. Are there any water intrusion issues with these? There is no communication with the tcm either. I am hoping there is one simple solution to this and that everything is related.

pelagikos
10-14-2014, 09:24 AM
are you sure your battery and alternator are good? what are the voltages on the battery (running and with the key out)?

rrob311
10-20-2014, 05:04 AM
The battery and alternator are newer and both function properly.

Astro14
10-20-2014, 05:18 AM
Sounds like CEM. Similar problems (with a one year old good battery and good voltage)
Dealer Wants $1300...

JRL
10-20-2014, 06:24 AM
First try a hard reset
Undo your battery cables from the battery and tie/clamp them together for about 30 minutes
When you reconnect them make sure the NEGATIVE cable is connected first.

You can't hurt anything and it just may work