PDA

View Full Version : Decat downpipe on a 01 2.4T XC

outland
08-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Hi,

Does any one have done a Decat downpipe on a 2001 2.4TXC ? or similar?
i aspect better spooling but since this is a small turbo (13) , i´m afraid of spikking. we that in mind i bought a IPD HD TCV valve that with the silicone piping and the repro. made a nice upgrade ( with IPD coils also), but still not right there from what i´m aiming for.

outland
08-26-2014, 02:56 AM
No one ever tough about it?

volvospeed70
08-26-2014, 05:33 AM
No one ever tough about it?

I have a OBX catless downpipe on mine but it's a 2.5T motor with the 14T turbo so i can't speak much about the 13t turbo.

I have a boost gauge already installed on my car and haven't notice any boost spikes. It does built boost a lot quick and the turbo spools up nicely.

You should be fine installing on yours just make sure you have a boost gauge installed so you can keep track of it.

outland
08-30-2014, 03:43 PM
NICE ;) how does it beave over the 3000 rpm and 4500 ?

any feel of losing of top speed or is equal ?

Antherzoll
08-30-2014, 06:25 PM
but still not right there from what i´m aiming for.

You need a bigger turbo :)

As for spiking, if this is your only flow mod I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you upgrade the throttle inlet pipe and catback it may be more of an issue, but not always. The ECU is very good at adapting and will save you by going limp mode if it can't control the spiking.

Also install a boost/vacuum gauge. It's a great way to see how your car is performing, stock or modified.

outland
09-02-2014, 04:30 PM
nice. ;) i was thinking about changing the inlet pipping for a 70mm stainless stell,
i believe it would give me a better response