PDA

View Full Version : Out of Volvo inventory

JRL
08-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Sold everything but replacements are hard to come by! [mad2]
No one asks me for newer (post 2008) cars so it seems I'm still limited to P2 cars, (P80 cars for all intents are done, too old now and most are just ultra high mileage pieces of crap)!

So today comes a 2004 XC70 with...........................29,000 one owner miles. [thumbup]
MMR on it (Manheim book) is 6600. ALL decent P2s are selling over MMR plus the computer is not taking into account that low a mileage a car, so I figure it's going to sell between 9 and 10K (wholesale).

Sells for $12,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, it needed tires and it it were mine, EVERY single fluid needed to be replaced, all rubber lines checked, some replaced, etc
You can never substituts for low miles but to sell at 14-15K seems to be an awful lot of money for a nice 2004 even with ridiculously low miles.

Note I said nice, not super nice
It had a re-painted door just so-so, refinished bumpers (apparently both) and a "cracked windshield molding". Well you can't buy those new anymore so....

Reverend
08-11-2014, 09:19 AM
There's some sort of point where an old car needs to have something special to command the price of a far newer one.

I mean, for $12K, I'd look at a pristine 2007 with ABLs and the whole nine yards... and still save a few shekels.
Personally, I'd prefer a well-maintained high-miler with no commute shorter than 100 miles. No sludge, maintenance likely done (need proof) at specified intervals etc.

29K miles? I'd fear it never had anything done to it due to "I never drive it so it's still good".