PDA

View Full Version : Key and remote codes

barrysharp
04-05-2003, 12:23 PM
I always like to record my key codes and remote codes for safe keeping. I've read the Owner's manual but find no mention of where these codes can be obtained.

My car keys do have a black plastic label attached to them with a number on both sides. On one side the number appears under a bar code and starts with 1V and is followed by four digit. Is this the remote's code or the key code? On the other side there's the remains of a white sticker with 3 digits on it. It seems that the left hand end of this sticker has torn off leaving just three digit visible. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

I'm assuming that VADIS keeps track of such things so do you think my dealership can obtain these two important codes for me?

BTW on the backside of the car's remote lock/unlock/alarm controller there's what appears to be a bone fide Volvo part number 8685150. Is this in fact the part number for my remote controller?

purush
04-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Barry

I remember reading somewhere that the key codes are tied to the car's VIN.  You merely need to mention the VIN to get a new key made.  I also remember reading VADIS can be used to change the key code.

Purush