PDA

View Full Version : Headlight turning bulb Volvo XC70

Stephenxc
07-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Hello all. I have been struggling to replace my Turn Signal Light on my Volvo XC70 (black bumper).
I manage to get the light out, but reinstalling became a nightmare. I tried to carefully put it in and turn clockwise a bit but no luck.
To make matters worse, when I went to take it back out the build and the plastic connector separated from the connector and fell inside the housing :-( I am truing a vacuum on a small hose, sticky stuff on a flexible pipe, but no luck fishing it back up through the hole.

Would anyone have clear instruction on replacing the Passenger Side turn signal light and also on how to remove the whole headlight assembly as this is what I am going to have to do in order to get the bulb out?

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

jaip
07-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Its anti-clockwise to install

Hello all. I have been struggling to replace my Turn Signal Light on my Volvo XC70 (black bumper).
I manage to get the light out, but reinstalling became a nightmare. I tried to carefully put it in and turn clockwise a bit but no luck.
To make matters worse, when I went to take it back out the build and the plastic connector separated from the connector and fell inside the housing :-( I am truing a vacuum on a small hose, sticky stuff on a flexible pipe, but no luck fishing it back up through the hole.

Would anyone have clear instruction on replacing the Passenger Side turn signal light and also on how to remove the whole headlight assembly as this is what I am going to have to do in order to get the bulb out?

Thank you in advance.

Stephen