PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Open/Cargo Light

Steve F
07-13-2014, 04:32 PM
2001 XC/70, I'm getting the "Tailgate Open" message on my dash and my cargo light won't work. I pulled the latch to do some testing, there's no power going to the switch. I tested the switch, I have a closed circuit (0 resistance) when the latch is closed and open (full resistance) when the latch is in the open position. I anticipated the opposite. I've checked all the fuses I can see associated with this according to the manual and all are good. The problem seemed to coincide with having the rear window replaced. Based on my test results, I'm guessing the switch sends a signal to a control module? Is there a way to trace this out to determine where the problem is? Is there supposed to be power to the switch?

Steve F
07-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Well this seems to have resolved itself. While removing the latch I noticed the upper window trim was loose so I pulled it off and checked the wiring under it. A plug to the rear window defrost grid was disconnected so I plugged it in and after installing the latch the light works and the message is gone.