PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my front and back seat 12 volt accessory plug, no power!!

Bostonfan49
07-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Front seat and back seat accessory plug now has no power, but I can take the phone cord and plug into thee rear cargo plug and I have power. I checked the fuse that powers the two front plugs and it was fine, even tried a new fuse...either way, no power! OK, I have to tell you, there was a penny stuck in the front plug hole...I removed it but still no power.....????I would have thought it would have burnt the fuse but it didn't,
*****Question, Is there another fuse I should check before I have to take to the dealer? It's under warranty. We have had may Volvos over the years with no problems except for a few stupid things like this......Appreciate any help, thanks, Bill

hoonk
07-14-2014, 05:20 AM
Here's the wiring diagram - fuse c7 is for the rear outlet (17/19), c22 is for the other two (9/1 and 9/25). The front two are switched (only work with the key on) and the cem grounds a relay for them to work.

XCovlov70
07-14-2014, 11:27 PM
That's correct.

The Rear Cargo Socket is permanently live while the other two sockets are controlled off the ignition switch.
Ignition ON sockets are both live, Ignition OFF both sockets are Dead!