PDA

View Full Version : What's holding my engine?

Volky_one
06-30-2014, 10:09 AM
If anyone remembers from my previous post I was working on timing belt which was not successful, I admit I was not more careful. I was told by my mechanic that the valves were bent and there was no compression, so I put in a different engine from 03 XC90, to put it in was no hassle except the difficulty attaching flywheel to the torque converter. after work was done, I try to start the car, engine will crank but no start. is it always necessary to replace ECM with engine? I mean ECM from donor to my car with donor engine?

hoonk
06-30-2014, 01:15 PM
The ECM is coded to the serial number of your car - you can't put one in from another car. Was the flywheel taken off the used engine and not put on in the correct orientation? Did you swap intake manifolds with the fuel pressure sensor?

JRL
06-30-2014, 01:17 PM
You cannot do what you did

Volky_one
06-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Original ECM is still in the car, Flywheel not swapped, so the new flywheel is still in the same orientation, I just swapped the fuel rail to be sure that I still have the fuel pressure sensor connected.

The ECM is coded to the serial number of your car - you can't put one in from another car. Was the flywheel taken off the used engine and not put on in the correct orientation? Did you swap intake manifolds with the fuel pressure sensor?

billr99
06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Back to basics. Are you getting spark to the plugs? Are you getting fuel into the cylinders? VIDA/DiCE, if you have access to one, should be able to help you as well. Basics first!

Good luck,

Bill

Volky_one
07-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Thanks to everybody here at the forum, this is an update of my work in progress.
This morning I swapped coil packs and their sparkplugs, then I started the car, engine started right upfront with too much smoke probably from engine being unused for a long time.
when my car was towed from the shop, the idiot who started to work on it had disconnected the transmission cable and the car was towed with transmission in gears( park mode) now when I put the car in drive I see the D but nothing happen, the car does not move. I am taking brake and I go back in the afternoon after worldcup to readjust the cable.