PDA

View Full Version : XC90 Console switches

mzwizanski
06-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Hello, Does anyone know where to get, or who manufactures a switch to match the console under the climate control. I want to add some aux. reverse lights and was hoping to put the switch in one of the factory cutouts that are already there. A rocker, or preferably a 3 way rocker that would fit the factory cut out is what I'm looking for. any input is appreciated.

hoonk
06-16-2014, 05:26 AM
Volvo offers all sort of switches
This is what they plug in to -

And to the best of my knowledge requires a software download to tell the cem and the ccm to recognize and activate each one :(

mzwizanski
06-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks, I guess I should have looked behind the switch panel first. I will just have to find another spot to mount a switch to get the job done

pauljoz
06-18-2014, 06:06 AM
You can use one of these switches and hack it to operate things (though it cant handle any load).

The aux lights switch doesn't need a software update and vehicle is pre-wired for this. If you can find one.

Depending on where you live, maybe use the front / rear fog-light switches for the new duty ;). Can also use a relay to interlock with high beam and disconnect fog lights to be legal for front driving lights

I have mounted (very) small push buttons into the blank above the menu button.

Thanks, I guess I should have looked behind the switch panel first. I will just have to find another spot to mount a switch to get the job done