PDA

View Full Version : 2010 XC70 D5 No power on take off - intermittent

06-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi guys,

Has anyone got any ideas on this one please? I just bought a 2010 XC70 D5 (after reading this forums heaps), but sadly I've just discovered an intermittent problem after a few 100 kilometres. This manifests itself mostly on take off, where very little power is available and the car will just crawl and struggle to get up to 60Km/h. Even foot flat on the floor, it crawls, despite the revs going up passed 3.5k for the next gear. It's like permanent turbo lag, or lack thereof. The car otherwise works fine when not in this mode, bags of torque and power as one does expect. There are no warning lights or messages on the dashboard.

Anyone else experienced this and what is the cause?

Many thanks.

brissim
06-11-2014, 05:40 PM
I would suspect the auto transmission. Volvo 6-speed auto is not the best and I would check that the software is up to date (you'll need to visit a dealer unfortunately). It sounds as if the car is starting off in a higher gear rather than 1st gear. Volvo's new 8-speed auto can't come soon enough.

Tony

06-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Thanks Tony,

A faulty temperature sensor on the DPF unit turned out to be the culprit. The sensor reads over limits, which in turn causes the engine to throttle back as the ECU thinks the DPF is having a melt down. This explains the intermittence of this issue too.

Anyhow, it seems these DPF units aren't the most reliable bits and I must admit, not the best of experiences on first encounter for me.

Cheers.

brissim
06-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the update. Pleased the issue has been resolved and hope this is the last of your problems.

Tony