PDA

View Full Version : New XC90 owner checking in

ryan in texas
05-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Traded our V50 for an XC90 because our family is growing.

Got an 07 V8 AWD for about a steal on price from our trusted Volvo dealer. It has 125k on the engine, but I got all the service records and it has been very well cared for. Regular service and taken care of. The interior looks brand new as does the exterior.

It does need a new set of tires, but no big deal. I changed the oil to Mobil 1 0w40 because that's what I like in Euro cars. I plan on having the transmission serviced at my local Volvo indy shop. They will also give it a good look to see if there are any pending issues.

My only issue so far is that the AC does not blow very cold a idle. They did a leak test before purchase and could not find anything, so I'm hoping someone can help with that. The AC just seems not nearly as cold as our other vehicles.

Because this is a Volvo, I did get an extended warranty for another 4 years 60k miles to cover all the major things.

I'm glad my wife is driving this tank. I have been on SS forum since the V50, but found this one dedicated to the XC, so I'm glad to be here.