PDA

View Full Version : Camshaft adjust solenoid ID

tmcmilli
05-08-2014, 07:31 AM
I have trouble code P0014 on my 02 V70 XC after the head was removed to replace head gasket. After some research I checked the cam adjust solenoid on the front of the engine and found one of its electrical connections is broken on the connector on the solenoid itself, due to the plastic connector bending to the point of breaking. This plastic is very brittle and apparently it broke when the shop removed and reattached the electrical connection to the solenoid while they had the head off. I tried soldering the broken connection which worked initially but while I was reinstalling the solenoid, the connector flexed and broke the connection again. I had to go ahead and put the solenoid on so I could drive to work this morning.

Bottom line is, I'm ready to order a new solenoid. I need to know, is this solenoid the exhaust solenoid or the intake? I can tell by pulling the cover next to the timing cover and looking again at the orientation of the connector on the solenoid itself. But I can't do this until I get home this evening and I'd like to go ahead and get the part ordered today.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Tom

hoonk
05-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Exhaust