PDA

View Full Version : Midas sucks!

Vicious Meistersinger
05-02-2014, 12:37 PM
The guy I bought the car from had the struts done in March to the tune of $1500, no noise when I test drove of course. A week later the car started to make some clunking on rough patches of road. Popped the hood and inspected to find the donkeys at Midas had reinstalled broken mounts with the new Sachs. Brought it over to hear what they had to say. The prick manager went on to say " look at the rubber all over the car it's all worn" etc. then said the parts were not available at the time of robbery so tough turds and pointed out that the warranty was non transferable. I Was ready to deck him so I left before that happened. Criminal and negligent business. Never ever Midas

perkinscl
05-02-2014, 12:46 PM
You're going to get crucified from the people on here by even thinking of going there.

Vicious Meistersinger
05-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I would never. The dumb guy I bought the car from did. I just wanted to give em hell. I'm doing the refit this weekend with bilstein parts of course

Antherzoll
05-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Humm... I hope you got a good deal for your XC, sounds ike you've been having fun with it. If you are confident in it's condition, then keep it, if not I say sell it and do your research if you are still interested in the XC. Maintained properly they are good cars, but if neglected they can be a nightmare to fix.

Vicious Meistersinger
05-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Well that's the thing it was well maintained dealer serviced to 120k with records. The drive is enjoyable and all is well now minus the missing prop shaft that will be fitted and the struts that will be fixed this weekend. I think $3500 for it was good. The guy was asking 4250$ but the cel came on so he came down. That is fixed too. Also it came with kumho summers and general snows both with plenty of tread. I still feel like it isn't mine yet tho. 2 weeks of headaches so far

Antherzoll
05-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Alright, sounds like you intent on keeping her. Don't know if you have, but it may be a good idea to inspect the rest of the front end suspension and replace any parts at the same time.

Tahoe_XC
05-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Well that's the thing it was well maintained dealer serviced to 120k with records. The drive is enjoyable and all is well now minus the missing prop shaft that will be fitted and the struts that will be fixed this weekend. I think $3500 for it was good. The guy was asking 4250$ but the cel came on so he came down. That is fixed too. Also it came with kumho summers and general snows both with plenty of tread. I still feel like it isn't mine yet tho. 2 weeks of headaches so far

Buyer beware = your fault for not doing your own due diligence. Midas in the paperwork should have been a red flag.

I have read your other posts complaining (bitching) about having to replace the drive shaft and the coils and plugs. JRL even pointed out if you had done your homework an 01 or 02 is not the car to buy... We do not need a crystal ball to know that you shortly will be posting disgust because of the transmission....

Vicious Meistersinger
05-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Oh ok mr. Crystal ball. Thanks for your 2 cents. Extremely helpful! The driveshaft breaking in the driveway less that a week after purchase warrants some bitching and does not mean the whole car is a ****box it's just kind of brutal and humorous in hindsight. The plugs and coils was a given and allowed me to get the car at a good price so I wasn't bitching about it. The cel stuck afterwards which caused me some anxiety but was quickly sorted by a volvo tech at no cost and the Midas thing was worth sharing even though it's understood that they suck and no one here would ever let them touch their car. Lastly I'd like to say I find this website very helpful and love the resources available but do not like being told I bought a crap car and I'm in for it at every turn.

Antherzoll
05-03-2014, 08:27 AM
What Tahoe, JRL, and I are trying to express is that you should prepare yourself for some expensive fixes on your XC if it was maintained to bare minimum. Dealer maintained dosen't say much about the car's condition. For example, ask them about transmission/drivline fluid change intervals and they will say that it's not necessary, meanwhile other manufacures that use the same transmission specify fluid change intervals, that should be your biggest worry. Other then that, at 100k most of you suspension componets will be shot and will need to be replaced if haven't been done so already. The saving you have gained will soon be eaten up by costly repairs.

Tahoe_XC
05-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Facebook may be a more appropriate forum for this thread

Vicious Meistersinger
05-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Nice chat. Time to go fix those struts!!