PDA

View Full Version : Strange differential problem?

Aemsn
03-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Hi!

After pushing my brandnew XC (with manual transmission) some 100 kms .. I had a strange problem today.

I want to move the car backward out of the garage, giving a little bit of gas (about 1500rpm) and use the coupling.

The car started to move, strange noice,the motor went down and I pressed the coupling just before the motor went off. Tried the same several times - same effect.

After having the car out of the garage I tried to move forward ... with a lot of stutter. This does not come from the engine .. engine runs very smoothly. There was a strange noice every turn of the wheel from the front axle.

After moving some meters, alls this disappeared.

In the evening the same happened after starting the car. Strange noices and stutter - going away after some 100 meters.

I will visit the dealer with this issue tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

Aemsn
03-30-2002, 02:13 AM
Hi!

Ok - went to the dealer this morning. He attached his computer - nothing. He checked the transmission and differential with his eyes - nothing.

Then we made a test drive around the corner - one strange noise - we drove back immidiatly. Pushing the car up - the bottom of the volvo garage was already covered with oil.

Removing the plastic protection - and here they come .. metal parts from the transmission. Big hole in the box.

Hmmm .. thats it after 300km. New transmission must be ordered. Because of the holidays I will receive my car with the new transmission thursday or friday next week.

Where is the Volvo quality :-((

Wonderful car - but this throws me a little back.