PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Alarm Siren Module removal method

ericjp
03-25-2014, 06:59 AM
Found out this method when replacing my passenger headlight and siren module. If you have the headlight out you can use a wrench and get to the 2 10mm nuts holding the siren module in it's bracket. If you have the headlight out\or just have the bolts for it out, you can remove and replace the module through the headlight location. No need to remove the rivets in the fender well or try to get the security bolt out of the siren bracket. Not sure on if it would have much time if you were just replacing the siren, but there's no need to rerivet the fender well, or remove the security bolt.

nickbw
03-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks for sharing this it is good to know, I certainly would avoid the wheel arch teardown!

budrichard
03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
I'll have to try that as I currently have the fuse pulled for the alarm. Thanks!-Dick

cwise73
03-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Nice tip! I was waiting for the weather to clear up to install my new alarm module. This approach seem much more manageable. Thanks!

USHGAPB
03-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Found out this method when replacing my passenger headlight and siren module. If you have the headlight out you can use a wrench and get to the 2 10mm nuts holding the siren module in it's bracket. If you have the headlight out\or just have the bolts for it out, you can remove and replace the module through the headlight location. No need to remove the rivets in the fender well or try to get the security bolt out of the siren bracket. Not sure on if it would have much time if you were just replacing the siren, but there's no need to rerivet the fender well, or remove the security bolt.

Just to be clear, does the front bumper need to come off to replace the headlight assembly?

ericjp
03-27-2014, 11:43 AM
yes