PDA

View Full Version : New member here with worst way to aquire a V70XC

beardog
03-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi folks. I'm a new member and I thought I would say hello and thanks to the board for having me.

I never thought I would be posting on a Volvo board (I work for Ford and drive them) but unfortunate circumstances have led me here. A little over a year ago my older brother passed away. I am now the administrator of his estate which includes a 2001 V70XC with 79K miles. This car has not been driven or tagged since 2009. In order to get the most for the estate and recover expenses I am determined to get it running. This site seems in my opinion to have the most knowledgeable members when it comes to this model. So...here I am.

A little about me: I'm a 42 year old male with a loving wife and one grown son. I'm an industrial mechanic by trade with 15 years experience. I've worked on cars and anything else that needed a wrench turned on it my entire life. I'm no stranger to tools,troubleshooting,machining, and other things needed to fix stuff. I enjoy guitars,motorcycles,shooting sports,cooking, and reading among other things.

A little about the Volvo: After a thorough clean up it is a good looking straight car with low miles, however it has been parked for years(long story). I vaguely recall a phone conversation with my brother where he described symptoms that I now know to be a failing fuel pump. When I have more time I will start a new thread detailing what I have done to the Volvo that I will refer to as the eXCtate car.

Again,thanks for having me.

Astro14
03-23-2014, 03:23 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

This is a good site. I would read through Howard's site, it will give you an idea of what to expect. Cruise the resources section of this site to see how things are done...one of us has tried every single thing that your car might ever need.

I would start with an oil change, transmission flush, and getting that fuel pump done. While you're at the dealer (recall should cover the pump, I think), have them update your software.

Welcome to the forum,
Astro

http://www.freewebs.com/howardsvolvos/

JRL
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
I believe that the fuel pump recall has ended