PDA

View Full Version : FOUR-C trouble shoot help plz ????

proton
03-10-2014, 12:37 PM
My 2005 POS four-c stopped working. Intermitently at first and now gone. I've check on vida and no voltage at any of the four corners solenoid . No fluctuation also with activating/unactivating confort/sport. Input is around 14.2V at idle. Is my module is scrap or someone experienced something else. I've tried the reseting but vida stop and say "no voltage to the solenoid man, I am not doing it"

any usefull member experiences?

PS, Why this site cannot make a search with 3 or 4 letters words like SUM, PEM, CEM and even "four", not usefull for a subject like here

MacNoob
03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Can't help you with your 4-C problem. But you can search the site for whatever you want using google:

SUM site:www.volvoxc.com

for example.

Mario1975
03-11-2014, 08:10 AM
For your search, I suggest to embed your keyword with ** and it will works. *CEM* will find any CEM word but also word containing CEM inside. I know it is not the perfect solution but it is the only workaround I found.

I have Four-C in my 2006 XC but I can not help you, i didn't have this problem yet. Sorry.

proton
03-17-2014, 12:38 PM
founded...... volvo put the module where the capet get wet in winter......
cleaning did not worked

MacNoob
03-18-2014, 12:16 PM
I have 4C as well (2007). Looks like it's more common in Canada. Did you get a new module? About $560 in the U.S. ouch.

JRL
03-18-2014, 12:35 PM
It doesn't get "wet in winter" or every single one would blow up and/or short out
You have a leak somewhere, either from under the dash (usually a A/C hose or from the lower windshield seal) or from a blocked sunroof drain(s)
or your car got flooded and water came over the rocker sills.

It's CARPET not capet and for god's sake don't you run rubber all weather mats for the winter???!!!

RockitShip
03-21-2014, 11:36 PM
It's CARPET not capet and for god's sake don't you run rubber all weather mats for the winter???!!!

Thats his accent dur! We say also say capet in New England... as in "he got wicked sick, puked chowdah all ovah the inside of my cah and now the caaapets ruined!" but yeah he shoulda had his rubbah mats.

JRL
03-22-2014, 04:56 AM
I know how they speak in NE/MA but you can't spell a word incorrectly no matter how you (mis)pronounce it
Is your Car spelled the Caa, is the place you go for a beer spelled the Baa?
No

Capet was a French Dynasty from the 8th to the 14th century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Capet

RockitShip
03-22-2014, 02:09 PM
I know how they speak in NE/MA but you can't spell a word incorrectly no matter how you (mis)pronounce it
Is your Car spelled the Caa, is the place you go for a beer spelled the Baa?
No

Capet was a French Dynasty from the 8th to the 14th century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Capet

Lmfao!