PDA

View Full Version : Are Volvo #8692071 plugs the right ones?

gibbons
02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
My dealer is saying #8692071 plugs are the right ones for my 2004. The package is Volvo, but there is no application data on the package, and I am a little unsure of what they're telling me. To those who have recently bought some, does that number sound right? Is there an alternative anyone has found that works better? Thanks for any reality spark plug experience.

billr99
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
My dealer is saying #8692071 plugs are the right ones for my 2004. The package is Volvo, but there is no application data on the package, and I am a little unsure of what they're telling me. To those who have recently bought some, does that number sound right? Is there an alternative anyone has found that works better? Thanks for any reality spark plug experience.

Here's what VIDA has to say about that part number "TURBO EXC B5204T5 2005- , B5254T4, B5244T4/T5", otherwise that looks like the right one. On the other hand, what does your owner's manual say? My '02 calls for Champions which I can get at my local NAPA.

Cheers,

Bill

gibbons
02-26-2014, 06:10 PM
My manual calls for Champions, RC8PYP8, but my GM Performance zz502 crate motor calls for Champion, too. It just doesn't seem right for the Volvo motor with all of it's magic control system stuff. I figured that Volvo had changed their minds since 2004, and changed the recommended plug to the number I'm asking about. I don't recall what the original plugs were, but I would have remember if they were Champions.

Tahoe_XC
02-26-2014, 08:07 PM

Yes for B5254T2. I run Bosch FR7DPP+ which is OEM # Bosch provides on website. Both Volvo and FR7DPP+ say made in Germany... I would bet Bosch is the OEM to Volvo.

billr99
02-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Yes for B5254T2. I run Bosch FR7DPP+ which is OEM # Bosch provides on website. Both Volvo and FR7DPP+ say made in Germany... I would bet Bosch is the OEM to Volvo.

From what I've seen OEM supplier of Volvo-labelled plugs have been Beru but over the last few years the owners manuals have specified Champions. So go figured which are actually OEM. I've found NGKs and Champions to work best on the turbo motors and Bosch on the non-turbos based mostly on butt-dyno results than anything real.

Cheers,

Bill