PDA

View Full Version : Fault codes on my '06 XC70 ORE

Sungard
02-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Recently after long time I took my XC to the garrage for checking the faulty codes causing check engine light stays on the dash. The codes are not familiar to the this mechanic so here I m asking for easy solution. Many thanks

1.) ECM 433C (LDP signal too high)
2.) AUM 46FE (10 CD changer faulty installation) I don't have one but the iPod connector is there which
when turn on shows 10 Cd changer on the head unit display. Installed by previous owner.
3.) CCM 0006 (Fan motor passenger compartment temp sensor, signal too high):(

Sungard
02-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Anyone, please.

Sungard
02-15-2014, 02:54 AM
seems like, nobody has faced these faulty codes before :) Good.

Just curious as I want to avoid dealer visit as well as street mechanic. Unless I get myself the specific computer to guide the mechanic to the problem.

Would really really appreciate if anyone can guide me as I hate to see the check engine light on the dash while car runs perfect.

Best!

JRL
02-15-2014, 05:01 AM
The only one that would even concern me is the first one and that too may be OK
Find out what it exactly means
I'm sure the other two will clear out and stay out

Antherzoll
02-17-2014, 09:48 AM
ECM 433C (LDP signal too high)
-Short-circuit to supply voltage in the signal cable
-Damaged pump.

The LDP is used to pressurize the fuel tank during a test by the ECM. If the tank or any fuel vapor containing lines or other hardware has a leak then a code is stored and CEL. If the pump is detected as faulty and is unable to perform the test then you also get CEL. Since the code stored is most likely a to do with a bad pump, I'd erase the codes and see if it sets again, could have been a bad signal. From what I've seen, R&R of the pump requires the removal of the exhaust system, but I have not done this myself so I'm not aware if there is a easier way.

Even so, the pump is not a critical part of the vehicle operation. If you're confident that you do not have a fuel leak, then I'd say you can let it go until you have the time/resources to service it.

CCM-0006
-Open-circuit in the power supply cable between the climate control module (CCM) and the blower fan for the passenger compartment temperature sensor
-Open-circuit in the ground lead between the blower fan for the passenger compartment temperature sensor and the climate control module (CCM)
-Contact resistance, oxidation or loose connections in the connectors
-The blower fan for the passenger compartment temperature sensor is not functioning.

Symptom
- The passenger compartment temperature does not correspond to the set position.
- Poor heating in the passenger compartment.

I'd erase codes and see if it sets again.

AUM 46FE
-Faulty installation
-CD Changer is not compatible

Don worry bout it.

JRL
02-17-2014, 10:06 AM
The second and third codes will not set a CEL anyway
Get it checked out though, any ECM code can be problematic

Sungard
02-17-2014, 01:48 PM
well @ Antherzoll, appreciate your feedback. I have erased all 3 codes not only once but twice..........but these 3 codes came again.

When you say resource to service pump what actually you mean......

@ JRL, Thanks for your response. and when you say "The second and third codes will not set a CEL anyway" how will I get CEL Off .

JRL
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Fix the first!

Antherzoll
02-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I was stated in the description of ECM 433C that the CEL is set with this code.

What I mean by resources is the parts and money avialible to spend, unless that's not an issue. I don't know how much the labour will be, but I think the part is ~$200.

Sungard
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks Antherzoll. I will try to find someone to service or replace the fuel pump.

Antherzoll
02-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks Antherzoll. I will try to find someone to service or replace the fuel pump.

It is not the fuel pump, it is the leak detection(diagnostic) pump

Sungard
02-18-2014, 07:06 AM
It is not the fuel pump, it is the leak detection(diagnostic) pump

apology for my ignorance.....but please if you can elaborate. :o

JRL
02-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Aw gees
YOU cannot replace it.
Well, you can replace it but it may not help! You MUST go to a dealer (or use VIDA) to run a program to diagnose and reset/activate the entire evap system after the new pump is installed).

It lies up near the gas tank on the left side (IIRC). it's part of the emission system and it's NOT a rush to replace it.
It should not hurt anything but your emissions.

BTW this is a VERY common failure on P2s