PDA

View Full Version : Think I broke my Homelink (Garage door opener)

Forkster
01-30-2014, 08:39 PM
I have a JARBA bluetooth device connected to my visor. On my way home to work, I moved it too far to the right and I think it was pressing down on the Homelink buttons (i.e. garage door openers etc) for around an hour solid. Now it won't open my garage door. Did I fry it? I tried to re-program it but it won't take. :(

So, is it a fuse? Or did I just burn it out? How can I tell? Anything I can do to fix?

brick8
02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
If the lights still work when you push the buttons it is not the fuse. They are tricky to program, so you may need to try again (or if you are like me, again and again and again until it works). The homelink is really just a regular garage door opener remote that is enclosed in a sun visor.

Cheers!

JRL
02-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Did you try to program it using another button?

Forkster
02-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Did you try to program it using another button?Yep - that worked JRL - thanks for the suggestion. I guess I wiped the whole system by accident. I then remembered how much of a FPITA it is to program the homelink with garage doors with the special learning security system. Took a few tries but it's working...albeit the range has been greatly reduced.

JRL
02-04-2014, 12:41 PM
I've seen Homelink visors with specific buttons not working.

(I bought a used one for my wife's 2000 V70R because her's had become "droopy". One of the buttons on the new used visor was not working so I just programmed the other two and went on with my life)!

You may or may not have damaged that one circuit but usually the others are still OK.